AGATE and Parents
It takes a village. Specifically, it takes both educators and parents to raise productive, well-adjusted gifted children. Recognizing that, we welcome parents as full members of Montana AGATE. We also provide multiple services for you and your gifted children:
- Our annual conference includes multiple sessions that are specifically chosen to meet the needs of parents.
- We have sponsored Parent Institutes to inform parents about these wonderful quirky children, their exceptional needs, and how to cope with being a parent of a gifted child.
- We provide training for leaders of SENG (Social Emotional Needs of the Gifted) Parent Support Groups, which help parents not only to understand their own children but to develop connections with other parents in their own communities.
- We offer scholarships for your gifted children to use for enrichment or college.
- AGATE runs an SAT Challenge to help identify gifted kids' strengths and support your efforts to lobby for appropriate acommodations in your child's education.
- AGATE helps underwrite the publication of Signatures from Big Sky, a journal that publishes original work by gifted Montana student writers and artists.
So join us.
You can become a regular member of Montana AGATE for just $25/year.
Pay for AGATE membership
Prefer to pay by check?
Just mail a check for $25 along with this form: